How to mount your high-pressure hose reelIn mounting your high-pressure hose reel like these in https://giraffetools.com/products/giraffe-pressure-washer-retactable-hose-reel either on a wall or any other flat surface, you should do the following:
- Step 1: Ensure that your water source has a vacuum breaker – a standard safety requirement as they prevent the flow of water with contamination into your clean water supply.
- Step 2: Your water source must be turned off while doing all of this. If you leave your water running through the source you would like to connect the hose to, there will be a lot of wastage.
- Step 3: Straighten the brand new hose you would like to install to avoid further bends.
- Step 4: Expose the hose to the sun. Unlike other times, you need sunlight to reach the hose since it is new. The sunlight makes the hose soft and more flexible. You need your hose as flexible as it can get to easily reel it in place.
- Step 5: Insert the rubber into the coupling through its end. Connect the hose from its female end to the coupling using the vinyl siding. Doing this creates a seal that is watertight on the drum of your reel. If the reel comes with its guide opening, then you should pass the hose’s female end through the opening.
- Step 6: Tighten the connection between the reel’s inner drum and the hose’s female end using pliers. You need channel-type pliers for this, however, do not apply too much force as it could break the parts. The water coupling part is easier to damage than the hose’s female end as it is made of rubber.
- Step 7: Here is where you evenly wrap the hose around the reel. To do this, rotate the hose reel handle in the clockwise direction. Moving both the hose and the handle on the reel at the same time might help hasten the process. If you are using an electric hose reel, all you have to do is push the button for retraction and it will automatically reel in the hose.
- Step 8: You need to examine the feeder hose, which links the reel to the faucet and ensure it has no cracks.
- Step 9: If the feeder hose of the faucet has female ends on both sides, ensure they both have vinyl sidings that are in a great condition.
- Step 10: If the connection between the reel drum and the feeder hose is with a hose clamp, then ensure it is tightly clamped around the drum.
Final thoughtsPressure hose reels are not as difficult to mount as they seem. All you need is some form of understanding and the manual may or may not provide this. However, you could let this article guide you in mounting your hose reel and getting it to function.
Spread the love